Friday, December 2, 2011

Deus Ex Sausage...


It was years ago that I first entered the wilderness of New Mexico's Deli underground.  I can still smell the fresh ground chuck, the cuts of sirloin, the tender Rib eye, the flavorful sausage, the bold Kielbasa.  However, things have changed over the ten years since I left.  I found myself in crisis at the current pastrami situation. 
"What’s the deal"?  I shouted.  No response by droning masses.
My worst fears had been confirmed.  Apathy had taken its toll.  No one could respond.  No one could move.  They stared blankly while watching their lives be pissed down the drain.  The moon shone a little dimmer that night.  Nature stood silent as if it knew that trouble was afoot.  The only one to reply to my cries was a small boy who said.
"Don't give up hope"
 
Two weeks later a man found a cell phone in the freezer.  Sure the battery was dead, it was cold and it a bit frosty.  But it worked.  And it worked hard until the day it died. 

No comments:

Post a Comment